Re: filmscanners: negative and skin tones

Mike:  Thanks for the color setting information for the skin tones, especially
as it related to the print.

For your other comment.  You hear about VS because many of us use it. Since I am
relatively new to scanning, what is the relevance of the scanning software to
the color balance of the scanner?  From what I have read in this forum, color
balance will vary from scanner make to scanner make and monitor to monitor.

I agree that many scanning programs allow you to adjust color balance, gamma,
etc.,  because they are pretty specific to the scanner make.  VS is not and is
not intended to replace photo manipulation software.  It if was, it would cost a
lot more than $40 US.  It is intended to give optimum scanner performance, which
it does.

I have never seen anyone who uses VS complain about the volume of traffic
related to Insight, etc.  Maybe because, with a little thought, the tips for one
set of software can often be applied to another set.

Please keep the tiips coming, they are useful.

Gordon