From: "Jim Sharp" <jsharp@illicom.net>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Color saturation with Vuescan

| Maris
|
| Agreed on the budget printers. Blown out highlights and no shadow detail.
|
| Still, even comparing my scans to good quality digital cameras like the
Nikon 990 leaves me dissapointed when viewing them on screen. My scans are
sharper, which is not surprising given the resolution difference, but again,
they just don't seem to have the color I guess I'm used to, or that people
(clients) want to see.

| I'm trying to determine if I've missed something, just haven't learned
enough yet, or am expecting too much from the setup I have. It's hard to
accept that an $500 digital camera can give better results when the output
is for the web...

| --
| Jim

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.