Re: filmscanners: Color saturation with Vuescan

Jon - Thanks

It's one more thing I'll try...  This stuff has about *a million* degrees of
freedom, and in the end, I'm still working with something that's subjective.
I'm afraid I may have been a bit too lazy so far. It's not going to work though
- the canned solution isn't going to satisfy me.

Are you happy shooting Supra? I've been using some Royal Gold, mostly 100 speed
and I like it. I heard the two films were for all intents and purposes the same
film, but I have no way to prove it. The skin tones from the automated prints
I've gotten back from the RG weren't too good, but the ones I scanned myself
are much better. I've been told by everyone that if I'm shooting people and
looking for good skin tones tones I should be shooting Portra, but I really
don't want to fool with the refrigeration issue, and I like how sharp the RG is.

--
Jim