Re: filmscanners: Color Calibration

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001 22:54:11 -0700  Michael Moore (miguelmas@qwest.net) wrote:

>  what I
> am thinking of doing is making up 3 large (say 12"x12") panels, one
> white, one 18% gray, one white, attaching a color bar underneath and
> sticking that in the main light area of each different view, where I
> would make one shot with, then go on to make the actual exposures
> without... this would then allow me to use the eyedroppers in Levels to
> set my points and hopefully bring the colors into line... any comments
> or suggestions?

Sounds a very useful thing to do, for a reference, and I've thought about doing
the same myself. However I bet you'll still end up spending ages tweaking, as
often colour errors are non-linear and vary with level, so beyond simple levels
settings. The grey card and white reference will be most useful. But try it!

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &
comparisons