Re: filmscanners: Grain in Color negative Film from Mini Labs

Since going Digital for my studio work Ive lost the desire to Dev my own
film unless I have to.
I have been using for some time now a local MiniLab for my 35mm dev and
print jobs.
Most of the time they are good, some times just adequate.
I rarely need to scan 35mm stuff so don't really have to be too critical
with dust and scratches from them .
The MinLab have picked up a lot of trade from a large number of pro and
semi pro photographers around here because they care about the quality
of their product.
Fact is that in the bad weather its the pros that keep them in business
so they can not afford to lose us.
If Im not satisfied with a job I just hand it back and they reprint
it,if it still isn't right I get them to do it again,I haven't had to
ask a 3rd time for a couple of years now.
If a job is critical Ill still process it myself but to be honest Im so
pleased with the minilab that I rarely do.
regards
Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire
TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files    01952 618986

From: "Dave King" <kingphoto@mindspring.com>
:
: Perhaps you've never seen variations in C-41 processing quality
: (including grain size) first hand?  There's no absolute reason a
: mini-lab couldn't produce state of the art results, but personally I
: wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.