RE: filmscanners: Vuescan

> I propose that we return to using this forum for filmscanners and stop
> flaming people.
>
> | i agree about ed. on top of that he is almost rude if you are not good
> with
> | software and e-mail him personally with questions. vuescan is a
> difficult
> | programs with daily updates and i wish i had gotten silverfast. joanna

I agree totally that the flaming should stop, but I don't see this as
flaming.  It's flaming to start calling fellow posters crude names or using
personal attacks.  Calling a company "almost rude" or its product
"difficult" is neither.  I think vendors are in a different category and
their products should come under greater scrutiny.  I _want_ to hear both
the good and the bad about products.

I am not surprised about this comment about Ed.  From his emails I expect
him to be rather brusque and almost rude.  He as neither the time nor the
patience for anything except a short, well thought out query.  What Ed needs
is someone to write his documentation and to screen his email.  But, this
would probably require raising the price of VueScan and eventually becoming
just like most other software developers.  Which do you want?  I would
rather Ed consecrate on software development and forgo the hired help.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.