Re: filmscanners: Grain in Color negative Film

That's what I thought as well.... and the minilab I used is one that (to the
naked eye) runs a clean process... however, what I noticed was that the grain
pattern in large areas of uniform density was much tighter and smoother in the
film from the custom lab...

Mike M.

Roman Kielich® wrote:

> At 22:45 21/03/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >My Point? We had a discussion on this forum last fall, and I just wanted
> >to remind everyone... we are scanning film... same rules apply in this
> >game as in the darkroon prints game... the film processing is the key to
> >everything that happens afterward... if at all possible, have your film
> >processed by a good Custom Lab... not a mall mini lab... the difference
> >in your negs will be like night and day.. and you won't have to worry as
> >much about ICE and GEM and ROC.... :)
> >my 2 pesos...
> >
> >Mike M.
>
> it may be true regarding dirt, scratches, fingerprints, but in both cases
> you should get the same grain, resolution, etc.
>
> "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow
> in Australia".

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.