Re: filmscanners: Yo Tokyo

Ah yes... the nervous Art Director... I'm surprised he didn't make you go back
and
shoot it all on chromes....  I ran into one of those yesterday... I offered him
the
negs, he looked liked I'd insulted his wife or his dog, then he called someone
at
his separation house to ask "You can't get very good scans off negs can you"
then
he turned down my offer of a set of 300 dpi RGB scans on a CD, and he finally
took
off with a handful of 3x5 proof prints.... all the while muttering about how
real
photographers only shoot chromes...

Mike M.

Mike Moore

Tony Sleep wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:56:03 -0500  Harlee Little (harleelittle@netzero.net)
> wrote:
>
> > This is the second set of  very nice Tony Sleep photographs that I have
> > noticed  in the Volvomagazine. What part did  your desktop scanning and
> > subsequent photoshop work play in the worklflow of the stories on Icleand
> > and Tokyo.
>
> :-) Absolutely none for the Tokyo B&W's - I printed them all on bromide, using
> one of those quaint enlarger things. I haven't seen what they published yet.
>
> The Iceand set was shot on colour neg (Fuji Superia 100 and 400) and I
>provided
> scans done on a Polaroid 4000 using Vuescan. There's a big 'however', however.
> The Art Ed also had the negs for a while, and I wouldn't put it past him to
> have had expensive hand prints done and then sent them to a repro house,
> because he is nervous of photographer-supplied scans. I have only seen the
> feature briefly and they certainly looked like my scans, but I don't know for
> sure.
>
> Regards
>
> Tony Sleep
> http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &