Re: filmscanners: Yo Tokyo

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:56:03 -0500  Harlee Little (harleelittle@netzero.net)
wrote:

> This is the second set of  very nice Tony Sleep photographs that I have
> noticed  in the Volvomagazine. What part did  your desktop scanning and
> subsequent photoshop work play in the worklflow of the stories on Icleand
> and Tokyo.

:-) Absolutely none for the Tokyo B&W's - I printed them all on bromide, using
one of those quaint enlarger things. I haven't seen what they published yet.

The Iceand set was shot on colour neg (Fuji Superia 100 and 400) and I provided
scans done on a Polaroid 4000 using Vuescan. There's a big 'however', however.
The Art Ed also had the negs for a while, and I wouldn't put it past him to
have had expensive hand prints done and then sent them to a repro house,
because he is nervous of photographer-supplied scans. I have only seen the
feature briefly and they certainly looked like my scans, but I don't know for
sure.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner info &