Re: filmscanners: Where to buy a LS-4000

Leo Stachowicz wrote:

> So as a first scanner I've decided to buy the LS-4000 and have also been
> trying to find somewhere to get it from.

It never hurts to make your first choice the right one, and in all
likelihood the Nikon LS4000 will be stellar.  However, I'd wait for a
few reviews.  The specs on the Kodak 3600 were very encouraging, but
some people were quite disappointed in the software.

Phil Edmunston, the author of Lemonade, suggests never buying a newly
designed car in the first year. I have come to similar conclusions with
most things.  Unless you have to have it now, or you feel you need to be
on the leading edge, you will probably pay a premium for having it first
both in terms of price and in some defects which will be corrected in
several months to come.  Even the esteemed Polaroid SS4000 had a few
trials in its early release.

Just my opinion.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.