filmscanners: Artixscan 4000t (Win Me/2k Pro ICC Profiling) [and Polaroid]

Mario, sorry to hear you are having support problems.  All I can tell you is
that support from Polaroid has got to be much much worse than anything you've
experienced.  I bought my Polaroid SprintScan 4000 last October and it is
back for repair for the third time.  The first two times, they kept it for
over a month, didn't do anything to correct the problem, and returned it to
me only after I called to ask why it was taking so long for them to fix it.
One time they lost it and had to look for it in their repair shop.  The last
time they returned it, they failed to return my original shipping containers
with the result that it suffered damage in transit (broken connector and
scuff marks on top of the scanner).  They don't seem to care if they fix it
or not, and so far, they haven't even attempted.  They simply return it
without trying to repair it.  For the record, the problem I'm having is that
the scanner returns "black" scans, dark scans with vertical lines, etc.  When
(if?) I get it back from them, I'm going to have my credit card company
"charge-back" the cost to the company I bought it from.  I was then going to
use the money to by a Kodak RFS 3600 to replace the Polaroid unit.  But I
read in Shutterbug magazine that the software for the Kodak RFS 3600 stinks.
(Can't stink as bad as the Polaroid Corporation, though.)  Now I'm thinking
about buying the new Nikon 8000 ED scanner that will be available in April
for US$3000.  It's a 4000 dpi scanner that will handle 120 size film as well
as 35 mm.  Do you have any idea if Nikon's support is any good?

Roger Miller
Bremerton, Washington
USA
RogerMillerPhoto@aol.com