Re: filmscanners: dither vs haltoning (was File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Laurie Solomon wrote:

> Frank,
> Try The Chicago Art Museum or Chicago Museum of Art. :-)
>
> The artwork you speak of is truly amazing as are most of Seurat's other
> works.  This same painting, I believe, was also utilized as the backdrop and
> the basis for a play on Seurat.

I too have seen the original, and was quite amazed with his ability to
maintain the consistency of dot and color throughout it, considering how
long it took to paint.  I have also seen others of his in Paris.  He was
way ahead of the game.  There is another artist, James Cross, I think,
who had work in the Tate in London, and he also uses pointillism.

The play was called Sunday in the Park with George, and starred
Bernadette Peters.  Interestingly, the version I saw had Brent Spinner
(Commander Data--Startrek) in a small singing role as well.
No, his eyes weren't yellow. ;-)

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.