RE: filmscanners: dither vs haltoning (was File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Frank wrote:
> You're speaking of "La Grande Jatte" by Georges Pierre Seurat. It's
> in the museum of art in Chicago It's been so long ago that I forget
> the name of this famous museum, but it has one of the greatest
> collections of Impressionist art in the world.

It's the Chicago Art Institute.  I am loathe to prolong this thread, but
I just wanted to say that I went to the Chicago Art Institute in 1993 and
it does indeed have the most awesome collection of impressionist art in
the world (although at the time I was there, they were also hosting a touring
collection of Renoir's works as well ;).  I went to the NY Met, the Paris
Louvre, Musee D'Orsay and Musee De l'Orangerie on the same trip.  If anyone
asked me where to see the best impressionist works, I'd say go to Chicago.
 And yes, I saw the same painting by Seurat and it's amazing.  Personally
I prefer Renoir, Monet and Toulouse-Lautrec however. :)

Obscanning: IMO pointillism is more analagous to a computer video display
than haltoning, but I understand the point. :)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.