Re: filmscanners: dither vs haltoning (was File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

Barbara wrote:
>The Epson Photo EX offers the following Halftoning options:
> No Halftoning   ( For black text only)
> Error Diffusion  (For photographic images.
> Fine Dithering

I think this is the source of the argument (maybe I'm stating the obvious
here); Epson or other printer dithering or error diffusion is not the same
as classical offset screening.  ISTM that people are stuck on offset screening
as being the only valid definition of halftoning.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.