RE: filmscanners: [OFF] problem with image brightness

Lynn writes ...

> >I think the results of erroneously translating colour
> spaces are far worse than those of simply leaving
> the colours as originally defined.

        "originally defined" as what?  Your own monitor space?

> ... I'm still *very much* in the dark (pun not
> intended, although it works) about the "Color Spaces"
>  that one program imposes upon another.
>
> I would be extremely happy and grateful if someone could
> offer a means whereby MonitorColor = ScannerColor =
> WorkspaceColor = ProgramColor = PrinterColor =
> SavedColor and it all equals out to PercievedColor ...

        That subject is in need of better scope than can be offered here.  At
this time, the best route to take towards understading color spaces is
to sit down with Bruce Fraser's "Real World Photoshop".  There also is
a consensus that Photoshop 6 is better and more intuitive regarding
color spaces than was PS5.  (Bruce's text for version 6 should be out
in a couple of months).

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.