RE: filmscanners: Re: Scanning problems

Ed writes ...

> michael@shaffer.net writes:
>
> > The only question which remains is if the service's JPEG
> >  compression also smoothed the data before compression.
>
> The way to test this is to start with a tiff file
> The comparison is then between the original
> tiff file and the jpeg file.

        We should all try this experiment, just for knowing how JPEG
compression affects your image.  However, having your own control over
the compression is one thing, not having any control is another.  I
suspect Julie's scanning service, while seemingly so unaccommodating,
is also afraid to provide the two files for scrutiny.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.