Re: filmscanners: Off Topic posts

Eli Bowen wrote:

> Do you guys want to start another list to discuss the "paperless office",
> the future of photography, movie theaters, "vignetting" etc?
> The percentage of word count devoted to scanning on this list seems to have
> diminished to the point that it the name "filmscanners" applies less and
> less to what is discussed here.

Obviously, Tony, our illustrious list owner, calls the shots on this
list.  However, I'd like to voice the other side of this argument.

1)  I do not believe the extra discussions, which I would call ancillary
to the main topics of this list, end up displacing filmscanner discussion.

2) I've been on this list since it was started, and if it never diverted
from filmscanners, I probably would have unsubscribed a while ago,
because there are only so many times I can read and reply to the exact
same questions, as new subscribers come on line here.

3) Lists are communities, and there will inevitably be topics which
evolve into other non-filmscanner areas, just like real conversations.

4) Smart, creative people have diverse interests.

5) All lists have lulls in the "on topic" content, if this is disturbing
to you, it may be advantageous to use your delete key more regularly.

My opinion holds no weight here.  I'm just an "old-timer" on this list.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.