Re: filmscanners: real value?

I have to admit to an ignorance on compressing files in gereral
I use LZW when Im storing on my server  and have not bothered with other
methods simply because in my early digital days I was shown how badly
jpeg images are degraded .
I understand that JPEG 2000 is the new standard and should be with us
soon. a  search of the web should bring up some information on it.I have
read about it but don't have that to hand. look at
www.Altamari-group.com   who do free to download trial software

http://206.63.152.155/product.asp

also look at
http://www.aladdinsys.com/deluxe/index.html

they do a compression and expansion package
which is supposed to be very good.I do not know how it handles graphics
files though
regards

Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.