From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Michael Wilkinson
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 3:37 AM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: Re: filmscanners: real value?

 Laurie ,you are spot on  with regards to OS changes and support for
legacy devices.
My film recorder for instance uses a GPIB interface ,the one we have is
only Win 95 compatible unit.
I would prefer a win 2K item but will not spend the money just to
upgrade  so we now have one 5 year old computer dedicated to running win
95 driving the film recorder.We will not upgrade as there is no point.
The film recorder will be whacking out trannies and negs for a good few
years as it has done since 95 and Ill still use the old Win 95 o/s or
even Win 3.11 if needed.
My Mum was still playing games on her 12 year old Tatung Einstein
computer till she died last year.No hard drive, just 2 floppies but ,
like a hammer, it just kept driving those old fashioned nails in.

Michael Wilkinson. 106 Holyhead Road,Ketley, Telford.Shropshire TF 15 DJ
  michael@infocus-photography.co.uk      www.infocus-photography.co.uk
For Trannies and Negs from Digital Files