RE: filmscanners: How Not Embedding Color Space in Web Graphics

Larry writes ...

> I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question. I have
> Photoshop set for Adobe RGB and to ask me every
> time I open an image (if the profile is
> different) if I want to keep the embedded profile or to
> open without it.
>
> So if you're looking to remove a profile, just set
> Photoshop to a different profile and open your
> image without it.

> >Just a question:
> >
> >how do you remove an embedded color space from your large
> tiff file?

        If a TIFF has an embedded profile, then the RGB values within that
image belong to a specific color space.  I believe it would be wrong
to open that image without regard to the intended color space.  I
think I missed part of this thread ... why do you want to open an
imbedded image and lose the definition for the RGB data??

        Another note along this line, would be you'd need be careful when
saving a non-embedded image with PS ... that is, a simple "save" will
embed your "working space" profile unless you are careful and use the
"save as" options or the "save for web" options.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.