Re: filmscanners: [OFF] problem with image brightness

Hi Tomasz.

>I have enclosed one picture that looks ok in Photoshop on my monitor.

Your sample picture looks very slightly dark on my calibrated gamma 1.8
monitor, and that's too high a  target gamma to aim for, for the web.

Have you been suckered into setting up a gamma of 1 in Photoshop by any
chance?

If you set a gamma of 2.2 for your editing space, this should give you images
suitable for web publishing.
It's better to have the images looking slightly too light rather than too dark
for Joe Public's consumption, since uncalibrated and older monitors are
invariably on the dark side.

Regards,     Pete.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.