Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.5 Available

s> suggestion it would be to update the 2nd digit whenever, he changes
s> how the primary scan is measured, exposed, or scanned.  For example,

Ed may be fixing 'raw scan' related bugs. It follows your
'2nd digit' rule, but hardly can be a reason for changing
major version number.

I see that Ed has a number of milestones, they are pointed with
a major version. Minors are merely service packs where some new
options also may be added for burn-in testing. Quite fast and
healthy, though we cannot feel completely safe with an every
new version.

It would be nice to have some stable, relatively bug-free versions
which may be less featured, but can be used safely by those who just
doesn't want to risk.

Old good 'beta and GA release' paradigm.

I think that VueScan will only benefit from that.

By the way, 'Restore colors' works really nice with my
15-years old slides!

--
Alex

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.