Re: filmscanners: Re: computers, scanners

Here is a link to Kodak's professional pages on Photo CD... I learned
something new here this a.m. Kodak is now offering the ProPhotoCD II...
which is for digitally originated files... you can do it yourself on
PhotoCD discs with their software.
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/products/storage/pcdMaster/aboutPCD5.shtml

Mike Moore

Alan Tyson wrote:

> This is what our esteemed Tony's web site said when I saved
> it last on 11th October....
>
> >>PhotoCD is a cross-platform format, and film sizes from
> APS to 5x4" may be scanned in a variety of resolutions from
> 128 x 192 pixels (Base/16) to 2048 x 3072 (16 Base). A
> higher resolution and more tightly controlled variant, Pro
> PhotoCD is available via many Kodak-accredited Professional
> Labs at much higher cost, and additionally provides scans of
> 4096 x 6144 (64 Base). Costs are fixed by local operators,
> not Kodak, so vary. <<
>
> So the answer is yes, just, if you're not too fussy and you
> want the whole frame - 186 or 236 ppi to the printer at 11"
> high or 13" wide.
>
> Alan T

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.