filmscanners: Re: VueScan 6.4.13 Available

At 12:21 PM -0500 1/22/01, EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:
>What's new in version 6.4.13
>
>   * Changed "8x exposure pass" to "Long exposure pass" and
>     made the Canon FS2710 work with this option.  Fixed
>     several other problems with this option.

        I've only had a chance to try this version on 5 or 6 slides
with my FS2710, but already I'm impressed with the remarkable
reduction of noise in the shadow areas. It seems to be more effective
than the multiple scan option, but I've only tried up to 4 passes.
Takes less time, too.
        I also notice that the poor functioning of some of the
settings boxes (on the Mac) when typing in new settings is much
improved.

        Thanks, Ed, it only gets better.

Regards,
Roger Smith