Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

In <001d01c0879f$04737840$cec90fd2@phoenix>, Rob Geraghty wrote:
> Pardon me.  I should have said the only one in the realms of a dekstop
> printer
> category that someone might buy for home studio use.  The 7000 and up
> printers
> are all *big* printers intended for professional print-shop use.  And
> they're
> priced accordingly.
>
> As someone else pointed out, they do have pigmented ink - I wasn't aware of
> that until now since even the 2000P is out of my price range.

You could get a smaller Epson printer, such as the Photo 750, and then use
special cartridges with "archival" inks. These have many of the qualities of
the inks used in the 2000P and bigger printers. These two web sites have some
details:-

www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/index.html
www.graphicstar.clara.net/index.htm

Some of these inks, including pigment based and special all grey/black
cartridges for B&W photo printing, are made by the UK company Lyson:-

www.lyson.com

They also sell to dealers in the US.

Brian Rumary, England

http://freespace.virgin.net/brian.rumary/homepage.htm