[filmscanners] Re: spam magnet

Actually, I think this was described in detail by Tony, the list owner,
and the person who determines the format of the information that is sent
and received.

He indicated that all posters emails are visible to everyone who is
subscribed to the list, and that has been my experience as well.  In
looking at the several emails that are arriving the last several days
regarding this thread, every one of them has in the header the full
email address.

Ah-HA! I think I just figured out what you are referring to...

You mean that the sender name showing, and when your postings are
quoted, it is showing your email address rather than your name...

For example in my case if someone quotes my message it states:

Arthur Entlich wrote:

while in your case it states:

halftone(at)troutcom(dot)com wrote:

(I have altered the email address to try to help you reduce the spam you
get).,

The answer to that question is you've done it to yourself.  You do not
have your email client set up correctly to use your NAME (which could be
anything you choose) rather than your email address.

What email client are you using?  Thunderbird, Netscape, sea-monkey,
outlook, outlook express, opera, eudora, etc??? I'm sure someone here
can show you the way to correct this for your email client

There is nothing anyone here can do to change it, including Tony.  You
have to fix that problem on your system, I'm afraid.

Art