[filmscanners] Re: spam magnet

Thanks, Tony, for doing what you can about the spam problem.

And please feel free to suggest what we might do to help make it less
of a problem.

It's actually only a very minor nuisance for me, but I have no idea
why that is, unless it's because I've been on Mac's and done what I
can to help their e-mail clients train their filters. My current
Mac's client is Apple Mail, but previously Eudora did at least as
well, and I suspect software more resourceful than either -
MailSmith? - might do even better at some incremental expense. But my
Mac consultant uses Mail himself, which I think will make it quicker
and easier to get help from him if I ever need it. So far I haven't
even though none of this stuff is very intuitive for me.

I don't offer up this testimonial to encourage switching, but I can
imagine adding a Mac Mini or MacBook to a Windows-centric setup just
to try to largely isolate the rest of the system from e-mail and web
browsing.
--
Sam