From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Arthur Entlich
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 7:47 PM
To: bobgeo@dgiinc.com
Subject: [filmscanners] Re: film and scanning vs digital photography

Let's say you have two sensors, each 12 MP.  One is FF the other smaller
using 1.3X factor. To get the same multiplication factor with the FF,
you have crop  about 1/4th of the area out, which means you have reduced
the resolution by that much.  If the FF is about 1/4th higher res to the
smaller sensor, then you are correct, no disadvantage.

Considering cost and weight of a FF, may not be as great an advantage as
it first appears.

Art