[filmscanners] Re: ArtixScan 4000tf firmware

Hi, just found this forum, and also own a 4000tf, and getting hacked off with
it and the rubbish software. I use Windows (sorry !) and Scan WizardPro, was
using version 6.5, but after rebuilding PC, downloaded the latest drivers
from Microtek, 6.7, (paid 3 euro !!!) but later on another Microtek site
found version 7 for free !!!!
Problem is the overview and prescan does not show up in the scan window.
It's just black. Also if you hit scan button the scanner starts and then
locks. Silverfast demo works, as did the profiler software, so I think
hardware/ firewire interface is ok.
Firmware is 1.51, Perhaps the new drivers are written to the newer firmware
???? Which I can't find anywahere to download... Can anyone send it to me
please......  Before I bid on a Super Coolscan 4000ED and throw this **** in
the bin !!!

Harald, had a read of your site, very good, so it can't achieve 4.2Dmax !!!
perhaps why I have trouble with Velvia slides !!!!
Thanks for any help.... Steve