[filmscanners] Re: CS 5000 ED vs. Minolta ???

lists@lazygranch.com wrote:

>Left out of the review are issues of focus at the edge of the film
>plane, where some say Nikon doesn't have sufficient depth of field to
>handle film curvature.

And that's part of the "problem" with the Minolta  (I have the 5400 "1")
in that the
autofocus spot defaults to the center, so if there's a curve to the film
that may not
be the best spot (also not good if there are no boundaries there to
focus on).  One
can, of course, easily click-pick the autofocus spot somewhere else on
the prescan image,
but then it's not entirely "auto" (and is what I do).

Mike K.