[filmscanners] Replacement For My Aging SS4000

I'll be transitioning over to mostly 35mm digital sometime in the next
year, but I'll still be shooting a fair amount of film for a while to
come, so I'd like to replace my now unsupported Polaroid SS4000 with a
new (and hopefully my last) film scanner.

I've had my eye on the Super CoolScan 5000 ED - anyone have comment on
how much better this may be in terms of image quality than my SS4000
is/was?  Would it be worth upgrading or just keeping the SS4000 if the
differences aren't all that much?

Thanks for any advice.

John

--