[filmscanners] Re: negative conversion

When you make a straight optical print, can you just expose the print
with default enlarger settings and make a perfect print, or do you have
to spend some time working out the right filter pack?

Given that the latter is the answer, why do you feel a digital print
should involve less effort?

Can you give more detail of why you are having problems with scanning
negatives?