[filmscanners] Re: Revive this list?!

My two cents is that the value of this list is its expertise
in film scanners.  It's a film scanner group, not a group that
happens to talk about film scanners.  If one just wanted the
group to be more talkative for the group's sake, we could just
start talking about politics or religion and have perhaps
tremendous volume, but what's the point?  If the subject is
changed, the people in the group will likely change, and the
great film scanner group resource will be gone.

I also will say that it's my observation that the group
gets talkative in spurts.  Sometimes excessive spurts. :-)

I for one, hope a Minolta 5400 thread will go on at some point
(I may start it, perhaps later) because I'm considering getting
a high quality film scanner for my birthday in November, but
don't think I can justify over the 700 or so that the Minolta
goes for.  Where else could I get the expertise?

So, I'd rather not have people with expertise leave the list
because of the list's topic changing for the sake of more
email volume.

Mike K.