[filmscanners] RE: not enough memory?

Bob,
I would only add a qualifier to one statement you have made.  You say: "OR,
you can do it the manual way by
using the sliders in Advanced page of the printer driver to make the prints
more/less contrasty, more/less bright, and more/less of r,g, or b."  My
qualification is that this manual method will only work if you are only
printing yourown image files but will not work if and when yo try to share
those files with others unless you also send them the saved file containing
those slider settings and the other person also uses a similar Epson printer
model that uses the same printer drivers.

filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk wrote:
> Berry,
>
> If you are going to be swapping images files with others or sending
> images off to a printer, then the first thing you must do is
> profile/calibrate your monitor. Otherwise what you see on your
> monitor will not be the same as what anyone else will see with the
> same image. The Eyeone display unit or the Colorvision spyder are
> both 'cheap' units for calibrating monitors. Then you have to
> calibrate your printer to match your profiled monitor. That can
> either be done by getting/making/buying printer profiles (but to use
> these it seems you need full Photoshop or another cheaper package
> that handles printer profiles. OR, you can do it the manual way by
> using the sliders in Advanced page of the printer driver to make the
> prints more/less contrasty, more/less bright, and more/less of r,g,
> or b. When you get the prints matching your monitor, you save those
> printer settings for that paper.
>
> If you are never going to swap image files, you don't have to profile
> your monitor, you can simply alter the printer driver settings until
> the prints match your monitor, and then save them. Making sure that
> you don't change your monitor settings after this.
>
> Bob Frost.

---