[filmscanners] Re: NikonScan problem

I suggest anyone who has flamed me in the past about my commentary on
Nikon scanners earmark this posting of mine, so that it can be easily
referred back to. ;-)

I'm actually going to "sort of" defend Nikon.

Many of the cold cathode tubes used in film and flatbed scanners also
have incomplete spectra, in fact, they have fairly specific RGB hills
and valleys.  They are less sharp than what an LED light source would
produce, but they too are not complete spectrum, in part intentionally,
and in part due to certain deficiencies in cold cathode technology.

Art