[filmscanners] RE: Scanning Kodachrome with VueScan

Hi Jawed,
> Use Nikon Scan.  Experiment with Auto Exposure off versus on.  On will
> probably make the scan slightly brighter.
I experimented with NikonScan a while back (not with Kodachrome though) and
had better results with VueScan, but I'll give it a try now!

> If you have a lot of Kodachrome to scan the LS40 is the wrong scanner, I'm
> afraid.
I have a couple of hundred K64 slides (out of about 8,000+ slides) so I'll
have to stick with it.  The results with other slides and negs with
VueScan/LS-40 are great.

> I know it sounds glib, but for slides forget Vuescan.  Multi-scanning and
> long-exposure are not going to provide beneficial results, EVER, in
> comparison with Nikon Scan.
Okay.

> The bleeding effect is flare in the LS40's optics.  Unfortunately
> this is a little-reported problem with the LS40/4000.
I see...  Oh well, nothing a few extra hours with Paint Shop can't fix up!

Thanks,
Trevor.