[filmscanners] RE: Scanning Kodachrome with VueScan

Use Nikon Scan.  Experiment with Auto Exposure off versus on.  On will
probably make the scan slightly brighter.

Kodachrome is hard stuff to scan because it is very "thick" and the LS40
isn't able to see through Kodachrome very well, much the same as Velvia.  If
you have a lot of Kodachrome to scan the LS40 is the wrong scanner, I'm
afraid.

I know it sounds glib, but for slides forget Vuescan.  Multi-scanning and
long-exposure are not going to provide beneficial results, EVER, in
comparison with Nikon Scan.

The bleeding effect is flare in the LS40's optics.  Unfortunately this is a
little-reported problem with the LS40/4000.

Jawed