[filmscanners] Bulk Slide Scanners?

Hello Everyone,

I've been lurking and learning for a while, and I'd like to ask a
question -- We will eventually get a pretty good film / slide scanner, but
in the near term we have a need to scan several slides fairly quickly for
eventual output to either web or video / DVD.  The output choice tells me
that we need a scanner that's pretty solid for color, but doesn't need to be
the highest resolution tool in the toolbox.

Also, since we will need to scan many slides, we are considering one of the
slide magazine scanners for this work.

I know of one -- and it seems to be marketed under the following brands:
Braun, Reflecta, and Pacific Imaging.  It was recently mentioned (but not
reviewed) in Photo Techniques magazine (see
http://www.phototechmag.com/new-prod/np.htm  ) under the name "Multimag
SlideScan 3600."

B&H carries a Pacific Imaging model that looks identical for about $700 -
see
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home;jsessionid=1RHM3Z1OOG!-355816801?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=287975&is=REG
 .

Does anyone have experience with this or similar bulk slide scanners?

If not, we'll press on when it makes the most sense, and I will post back to
the list with a review.

Thanks,
Very Respectfully,
Craig Shelden