[filmscanners] Speculation Requested on 9000ED

I have sufficient money burning a hole in my pocket
for a Nikon 8000ED which I can procure from B&H for
about 1900, but, in a question to the group, what has
been the past history of Nikon when they upgrade their
scanners.  In other words, might I end up paying more
for the older version than the new 9000ED.

Thanks.

Warren