[filmscanners] Re: SS 4000 Questions

You will notice the slide and negative carrier have different notches in
the front.  The slide has two and the neg one centered.  I'm not
actually sure if the scanner is using optics to determine this or some
physical switches, but it wouldn't hurt to get the brush and clean the
unit.  I imagine Polaroid will still supply one to you if you do not
have one.

Art