[filmscanners] Minolta 5400

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Minolta 5400
  • From: "david.gordon" <box99@ntlworld.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:52:22 +0000

I've not been here for a while, humour me if this has just been done to
death but there's no archive...

Need to replace a Polaroid SS4000. Googling around I see many people
complain that the Minolta 5400 produces fine lines it some scans,
sometimes, with some software. They look very much to me like a dud pixel
in the CCD - a one pixel wide line running the length of the scan.
Usually seen in darker areas. Many people report the exact same trouble
and show images with the same lines.

Maybe this is fixed in a firmware update, maybe not. Who can tell me more?

From what I've read (on other lists, in other places) this is a scanner
to avoid.

--
david.gordon