[filmscanners] Re: Minolta 5400

That's interesting.  The Minolta Dual Dimage II also suffered from the
same problem.  I went through several before getting one with minimal
defects.  My scanner was apparently made by Avision for Minolta, I don't
know who is making the 5400.

Another interesting tidbit.  As some may know, Minolta has been
floundering for some time now in terms of business structure, and I
imagine finances as well. Well, the company was recently purchased by
Konica, and they are in the mist of integrating the companies together,
including the QMS division (which Minolta bought a few years back).

The company's new name is Konica-Minolta, suggesting the money went it
that direction.  I would expect a stronger company to come of this, but
as often occurs in this kind of merger, we'll have to wait and see which
divisions survive.

I disappointed the new company didn't decide to call itself "MiKon" ;-)

Art