[filmscanners] Archiving scans - DVD vs CD

I was lucky enough to attended IFA, the Berlin consumer electronics
exhibition, last week & managed to speak to a guy at Verbatim about their
disks and longevity. (They're claiming 100 years on their write-once discs.)
He was very honest in making clear that this was a projected value based on
extended temperature, pressure & humidity storage. He mentioned that
humidity is a particular problem - time to buy sealable storage units &
silica gel maybe (or is silica gel a contaminant???)

Verbatim claim that their "Super AZO" dye makes a big difference (I notice
that some Verbatim CD-R disks in a local store were "Azo" and others "Super
Azo"). He went on to say that DVDs are better than CDs because both top and
bottom surfaces are coated with plastic - reducing the risks from humidity
and atmospheric contaminants.

Interesting conversation but I'd like to see some lab results!

Mike