[filmscanners] RE: New Fuji Films

No one lives forever and when you start going down hill it's often fast.
I just hope when my system starts failing I go fast. If I can live to 80
and still be active and alert, I'll be happy, and will be disappointed
if I don't, and willing to go at any time if I do. Hardly anyone gets
that far and is still active and alert. But it helps a lot if you are an
active and alert person by nature. Also keeping your mind figuring out
things with intensity helps combat Old Timer's Disease or whatever it
is, not by holding back nerve degeneration but by creating new paths
that compensate. I think I just read that in a Scientific American
article.

> He used to tell me he'd live until he was 100, and he may,
> although I suspect otherwise.  We never know what our bodies
> or minds will do.

If I get decrepid, I hope I don't live to a 100. As soon as I get
decrepid, I want to split. And that includes if it happens tomorrow. I
don't believe people should just keeping hanging on and hanging on,
degenerating until they just fade out, like my 101 year old grandmother
did. By the time she was 100, hardly anything worked anymore. She
couldn't hear, she couldn't see, she couldn't walk. Not for me. Her mind
was still sharp. But for me there's a lot more to a life worth living
than a sharp mind. That's a necessary condition of a good life, but not
a sufficient one. Again, for me. Some people are grateful for their
walkers, grateful still to be alive. Life for life's sake ain't where
it's at. Unless of course I can just sit in front of my monitor and look
at images all day long that I took all my life ;-)

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net