[filmscanners] RE: New Fuji Films

I'm not superstitious. What happens happens. End of story.

> Now tell me again how this relates to New Fuji Films. :-)

It gives me the strength to withstand all the cursing and swearing I do
when I get dirty slides. I'm seriously thinking of buying that new
Minolta 5600 simply because it has that ice stuff* even though my SS4000
still works beautifully on slides. I'm also waiting on pins and needles
for the final verdicts to come in on the Nikon D2H and Olympus E1.
There's a big discussion up on dpreview about some horrible
disappointments on the quality of images coming out of the E1. But
others think they aren't so bad. But a lot of talk on it being
overpriced for the image quality. I figure if by the time the camera is
actually released they achieve better quality than the Canon 10D and the
Nikon D100, then the quality of the body will make it worth the asking
price. The D2H however really looks like a dream. Unfortunately, I do
both action photography and landscapes, so I'm going to need both the
D2H and the hypothetical D2X: about a $10K investment by the time I buy
all the necessary DX lenses. But heck, you only live once, and as
everyone on this list knows who has the patience to pay attention to all
the flaming, I ain't getting any younger.

* Senility has set in to the degree that I can't remember the names of
things.

Frank Paris
frankparis@comcast.net