[filmscanners] Re: New Fuji Films

Hi Ellis,

Thank you for the run down on the new Fuji and Kodak films.  In spite of
a long standing friction between Kodak and myself, they still offer me
film to test, and I believe I'm supposed to be getting several rolls of
  their E100GX soon.   Fuji Canada, on the other hand, is so tight with
samples, I'm amazed they even let me buy the stuff! ;-)

I do mainly use Fuji film these days, although I liked the E100S and SW,
and used them on overcast days as a faster version of Velia.

Kodak is slowly recognizing that they have to romance photographers,
because they have produced some pretty mediocre films and processing for
a period there, and they developed (excuse the pun) a rather arrogant
attitude about about their place in the market.

Now that digital is pushing film to the sidelines more and more, the
professional that is still sticking to film is becoming an important
target market.

I'm content with Sensia most of the time, and Provia F is a good film
for scanning, so any improvement is nice, as long as the price doesn't
creep up with that.  Some photographers have adopted a "price is no
object" with their film purchases, but I am more and more aware of the
cost as I see my colleagues move to digital.

Art