[filmscanners] RE: New Fuji Films

> Tim Atherton wrote:
>
> > I have some Astia 100F in 120 to try - waiting for a roll back and some
> > Velvia 100F in 4x5 I may shoot this week if I get the time. I'll let you
> > know.
> >
> > I also read (I have no idea where now) that Sensia 100 was going to be
> > changed from Astia to Provia. (which is a pain, because Fuji
> doesn't sell
> > Astia in Canada and I just used to buy Sensia... but then Fuji Canada is
> > totally crap in general - I got my Astia 100f and Velvia 100f samples
> > courtesy of Fuji Iceland!)
> >

> I'm not use that's accurate (for 35mm, at least).  Astia was available
> to me in Canada until it was discontinued about a year ago.  I was told
> by my photo retailer they will have Astia 100F "soon".  I don't shoot
> medium format transparencies, I so I've never followed the 120/220 films
> of these types.
>
> I will agree that Fuji Canada is the worst for getting product samples,
> whoever... it's like pulling teeth!  No, pulling teeth is easier, come
> to think of it.
>
> Art

Art, accurate re the Sensia (in 35mm) or Astia 100F in Canada?

Fuji Canada did tell me they still have no plans to begin distributing the
new Astia100F in Canada (they told me there is no market for Astia here....
which is why they discontinued it) when I was enquiring about the new Astia
and Velvia. Never mind I shoot several hundred sheets of 4x5 and 8x10 a year
for urban (and "natural") landscapes and architecture .

But if the new Astia gets lots of good press, maybe they will - who knows.

And according to B&H the "old" Astia in 4x5 is discontinued, even though
Fuji said the new and old versions would exist side by side...