[filmscanners] Work flow for Nikon 4000

  • To: lexa@www.lexa.ru
  • Subject: [filmscanners] Work flow for Nikon 4000
  • From: "" <pkohl@gol.com>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 00:12:22 +0000
  • Bounce-to: <pkohl@gol.com>

Dear Folks,
I tried the archives but couldn't find answers to my questions.
I am in search of suggestions for going from a 4000 dpi scan to a print
size file. I am printing to an Epson 7000 at 360 ppi. The size will be
about 20 inches in the long dimension.
So, will I serve myself best by scanning at printer output settings or at
scanner default 4000 dpi.
If I scanner default is best, what process gets me to the printer settings
with the highest quality file? Resample, don't resample? Change in 10%
increments?
Besides the print, I want to archive a copy of the image on a CD. What
version do I archive?
Thanks for any suggestions?
Paul Kohl