[filmscanners] Re: color negative/print film advice

>[snip]
>Sam,
>I tried the reala 100 and it seemed like the color balance changed with the
>exposure. I also just didn't like the look of the scans (on my nikon8000)
>for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

Thanks for this report Bruce. Makes me think I'll try the plain
Superia 100 first.

>I've liked the portra films that I've shot and scanned on medium format--but
>I haven't tried them in 35mm.

My daughter shoots 35mm Portra successfully - but she doesn't scan
and has her prints made for her, so ... .

>There is also a consumer film called "HD" that is rated at IE400. It might
>be the same film as the portra 400

Or maybe derived from their APS venture. But sounds very promising on

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consumer/products/techInfo/e7013/e7013.shtml

as least as far as enlargement goes.

Sam