From: filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:filmscanners_owner@halftone.co.uk] On Behalf Of Harald E Brandt
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 2:32 AM
To: rmathuln@pacbell.net
Subject: [filmscanners] Edge focus of ArtixScan 4000tf

Using Microtek ArtixScan 4000tf now with SilverFast Ai (Mac).
Focus of grain (eg from Sensia 100) is sharp throughout the major
part of the slide, but not at the edges where it is significantly out
of focus. The film is usually mounted, but in glassless holders, so
the film bows somewhat.

What I wonder is if it is possible to set the focus position of the
frame? I.e, it would be good to be able to set the position of the
scannner focusing point a bit off from the middle of the frame so
that the depth-of-field was more balanced ahead/behind the focusing
point. With SilverFast, there does not even seem to be any way to
manually focus this Scanner. Any other thoughts or experiences on how
to handle the out-of-focus edges with this Scanner?